Saturday, January 26, 2008

Profundity

Profundity - "deep insight; great depth of knowledge or thought"

I haven't blogged in a while - I have been waiting for something profound to say, but decided to give it up. If I ever knew anything that was profound, I must have forgotten it. It has been a good week, however.

This Sunday we are having an installation service in the afternoon. Because of that, we have Dave Warren speaking in the morning. That means I don't get to preach, but at least I get to listen to a fine preacher. Since I didn't have sermons to prepare I was more free (though not completely free) to put more time into finishing the work upstairs in the parsonage.

I am happy to report good progress. The ceilings and walls are all painted. (There are some places that need touch-ups.) Today Lola and I cleaned the floors and started trimming them. Hopefully we will be able to get the floors painted and ready for traffic (read "moving in") by the end of next week. Praise the Lord! Moving upstairs means we can unpack our many boxes, and put our clothes in dressers and closets and feel a little bit more settled.

Another exciting event this week was when the furnace broke on Friday. It wouldn't have been so interesting if it hadn't been 3 degrees outside at the time. It cooled off in the house pretty quickly and the furnace repair guys had a few problems. As a result, we didn't have heat from 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM. The house didn't get back to normal temperatures until almost 11:00.

God has been kind to us. We survived. We avoided the illnesses that have affected so many recently. We got a lot of work done. We enjoyed the privilege of ministry in God's service. What more could anybody want?

No comments:

Post a Comment