Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ministry Mysteries

(Romans 11:33-36) ¶ Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
34 “For who has known the mind of the LORD? Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “Or who has first given to Him And it shall be repaid to him?”
36 ¶ For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

I preach for a living, and I love it. It is a wonderful blessing to have spent so many years in the ministry of the word of God. It is truly a growth industry because you have to grow to keep on going in it. Every day I learn more and realize how much more there is yet to learn. Every week I look forward to the next Sunday and realize it will be a miracle if I come up with the messages and lessons I need for the following week. Each week I pray that the ministry of the word of God will make an impact in the lives of the people God puts in my way.

Praise God for another Sunday of ministry behind me! Now I pray that God will gear me up for the week of ministry ahead!

I freely confess that in myself I am incompetent and impotent to come up with messages. But praise the omnipotent God that He is sufficient! I will spend some time looking at a blank page - but He will guide my thoughts and give me the understanding I need in the end.

Praise the Lord! What an exciting way to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment