Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Devotional Life

A cup of coffee, a quiet house and God.

What more could you want? The sweetest time of the day is my time alone with God.

I can turn my mind away from the busy-ness of life and the sharp thrills of panic over my long lists. I can lay down my futile struggles with tasks and crises that are beyond my puny abilities. I can put aside my sin tainted appetites.

In the Bible I can look into the eyes and hear the voice of Holy God - the infinite Creator - infinitely good - the standard of all perfection. Here I find not only my own condemnation in His just judgment, but also my forgiveness and salvation through His wonderful grace and love.

In prayer I can lay out all of my cares and concerns and conflicts without embarrassment or hesitation. I can cry out to God in desperation. I can search out His answers to my problems. I can confess my shortcomings and petition Him for sustaining grace.

I am reset. I remember that I am not God. I get my proper priorities back in perspective. I relax in the fact that God is sovereign and all of life and existence is ultimately about His glory. I remember that it is not my strength that will accomplish His will, but His strength as He works through me according to His plans. Without Him, I can do nothing of value. With Him, all things are possible.
(Psalms 73:25) Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.

1 comment:

  1. i definitely adore your own posting kind, very remarkable,
    don't give up and keep writing as a result it simply truly worth to look through it.
    excited to looked over more and more of your own well written articles, cheers ;)

    ReplyDelete