Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hungry!

I am fighting against a food fantasy - a thick slab of liverwurst on a fresh bread sandwich... a nice touch of Hellmann's real mayonnaise... maybe some lettuce. Yum!

I don't have any liverwurst in the house - haven't for more than a year - but my mouth is watering, my stomach is growling and I swear I can almost smell that sandwich. It would be great with a tall glass of cold milk and some fresh Lay's potato chips.

(I'm about to find out if drooling on my laptop will short out the keyboard or not.)

Jesus said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled." (Matthew 5:6 NKJV)

I wish that my hunger for God's righteousness was as certain as my physical hunger. In Jesus we find delicious delight for our souls. He is the bread of life - the food that not only provides temporary physical life, but eternal life as well.

Feeding my physical body is always a problem. What food will I eat? Will it be good for me? Can I afford it? Where will I get it? Do I have to prepare it?

But feeding my soul is quite simple. Jesus offers Himself freely. He alone can satisfy.

(Revelation 22:17 NKJV) And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment