Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Back From China

Late last night I came home from my brief trip to China.

Xi'an - Ancient Drum Tower (at right)
Even if I were not seriously jet-lagged, it would be impossible to sum up my impressions of China in only a few words.  The country is huge.  It has a recorded history that dates back to thousands of years before Christ.  The cities I visited were very busy places packed with people.  Their economy seems to be booming with literally hundreds of building cranes visible in every direction erecting high rises.


My greatest impression, however, is about the people there.  They were friendly, polite, helpful, curious and wonderfully unassuming.  Of everything I encountered in China - the people were what made my trip such a delight!

I will write more about my experiences there once I get caught up on my work.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are home safe...We are praying your jet-lag is brief and your work surprisingly light under the circumstances. HA! I missed you...do you realize how often I pick up the phone and talk to you...okay, maybe you do...don't answer that!

    ReplyDelete