Monday, November 19, 2012

A Three Day Work Week?

I read a friend's post and she was thankful that this was a three day work-week. I can understand that.

But the situation is kind of backwards for a pastor. For me there are just as many messages and lessons to prepare (actually a bit more), but because of extra events there is less time to give to the work of preparing them. :-)

That's perfectly good. I like the holiday celebrations. Getting together with people for meals and celebrations far better than being sequestered away in my study like a hermit in a cave. Instead of being thankful for less work, I am thankful for extra opportunities to be with people.

After all, ministry is about people, not about paper. Better to prepare less and spend time with people than to prepare more, and miss the opportunities for sharing life with people.


No comments:

Post a Comment