Saturday, August 24, 2013

God's Great Grace

I want to say "thank you" to everyone who has been concerned about my physical health the past few days.

In case you don't know, although I have been feeling very healthy and strong in recent weeks, on Friday I ended up in the hospital to get a bone marrow biopsy and a CT scan. 

The cause for this sudden development was the discovery that my spleen is significantly enlarged and my white blood cell count is very high. Besides that, the kind of white blood cells discovered suggested I might have Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. The doctors felt that it was important to get to the hospital, get a definite diagnosis and start treatment ASAP.

So - I have all sorts of extra holes in my skin today that I didn't have yesterday. Multiple blood draws, an IV line, three holes for bone marrow biopsy, a TB test and multiple inoculations. I am now out of the hospital and in my study.

I praise the Lord for his blessings. I know that God's purposes are perfect and gracious. He knows what he is doing and will accomplish good things - no matter what the final diagnosis.

As for a more definite diagnosis, we meet with the oncologist on Wednesday afternoon. By then all the tests should be in. I am hoping it might be something more friendly than leukemia, but we will just have to see.

I appreciate your prayers on my behalf - certainly for healing - but even more that I would be faithful to God through whatever the future holds and that I would make the most of the opportunities he gives me through this to bring him the glory he deserves. God has been gracious to me. He owes me nothing. I owe him everything.

1 comment:

  1. We will be praying for you.

    Daryl and Dottie

    ReplyDelete