Tuesday, April 20, 2021

New Beginnings!

We recently celebrated Easter. 
We celebrate Easter because although Jesus died and was buried, on the third day he rose from the dead and now he lives at the right hand of God the Father. 
  • Because he lives we know that his death was accepted as the atonement for our sins. 
  • Because he lives we know that the promise of eternal life is genuine for all believers. 
  • Because he lives we are to live new lives as his disciples - his witnesses.
  • Because he lives we are delivered from the fear of death.
Jesus' resurrection from the dead is the ultimate new beginning! Those who put their faith in Jesus experience a new birth - a new beginning of spiritual life!

On a much more mundane level, I want to make a new beginning for this blog.

Over time I have sometimes maintained and sometimes neglected this blog. At one time I actually posted articles for thought and discussion. Then for a while it became the place where I linked people to my sermon recordings, then to my YouTube lessons, then briefly to my sermon videos. 

From a few months this has been inactive because I was first undergoing and I am now recovering from a Bone Marrow Transplant. 

A transplant is a type of new beginning. I was afflicted by a fatal disease, but now I have been delivered from that disease. I used to produce my own blood and immune system, but now I have someone else's bone marrow producing his blood and immune system in me.

By God's grace I am doing very well, my mental faculties are still intact and I have pretty good energy day by day. My new immune system is of necessity suppressed, so I cannot be around people. My endurance is not what it used to be until I recover some more, so I need naps. I have many challenges to negotiate over the next year of adjusting to my transplant, but I can still read, think and write.

And I have some time on my hands! 

So I hope that you will join me in this project as I attempt to think through various issues about life, current events, Bible texts and things that I am reading or listening to. We will begin and see how things go.

May God receive glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment