Saturday, September 11, 2010

Notes On 9/11

Today is the ninth  anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in the USA.  I remember the call from my daughter telling me that a plane had hit the first tower and my naive thoughts about what must be wrong with the air traffic control system to allow such an accident.

The events of that day were certainly horrible by every measure.

My heart still goes out to those who so suddenly lost people dear to them.

Death is a certainty - but we expect it to come after some warning.  We expect aging and illness to announce the approach of death.  We expect there to be time to say good-bye and, "I love you."  I am sorry for those whose lives were so rudely interrupted by the wicked machinations of evil people.

Lessons Learned:
  1. Remember to cherish your loved ones.
  2. Tell people how much you love them.
  3. Don't take a single day for granted.
  4. Make sure you are ready to face eternity.
  5. Note the stark difference between religions that require people to establish their own righteousness and biblical Christianity, which offers God's righteousness to men through the work of Christ, by God's grace, received by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment