Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Moment By Moment

(Matthew 6:34 NKJV) Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Sometimes I look at my planning calendar and get a panicky feeling!  "I have too much scheduled.  How will I ever get everything done?"

God says, "Relax and trust Me."

I only have the present moment.  I need to give this moment my attention.  When this moment is over, I will deal with the next moment.

The moments will pass.  The hours will pass.  The days will pass.  The weeks will pass.

I can't handle everything all at once.  For that matter, I can't handle one thing at a time.  I can only trust God and look to Him moment by moment. 

God is completely sufficient. My confidence must be in Him. I must always depend on Him.
(James 4:14–15 NKJV) whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment