Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

Valentine's Day - February 14, 2011

Spring is in the air today.  It is warm - well above freezing anyway.  The groundhog did not see his shadow.  People are already seeing robins returning from their winter vacations.
(Proverbs 18:22 NKJV)  He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the LORD.
Today I want to publicly praise God for my good wife, Lola.

This summer we will celebrate our thirty-third year of marriage.  Over these years we have become increasingly joined together - heart and soul and mind. Of all the blessings God has poured on my life, Lola is my greatest blessing after salvation.

We have been blessed by God.  We have experienced what our marriage vows predicted...

Better and worse, richer and poorer, in sickness and in health.
Young love, new life together and babies.
Financial distress, rice and beans and indoor snow drifts.
Years of school, changing schedules and incredibly busy times.
Many moves, disrupted lives, uncertainty and adjustments.
Labors of ministry, victories and defeats, joys and sorrows.

In every time of our life together, Lola has been a blessing to me - a "help-meet" - fitting partner - complement - encourager - counselor.

I love you, Lola, with all of my heart!
“Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away,
for behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.
The fig tree ripens its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance.
Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away.
O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, in the crannies of the cliff,
let me see your face, let me hear your voice,
for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely.  (Song 2:10–14 ESV)

1 comment:

  1. At the end of busy day, this made my day. I love you, honey. Lola

    ReplyDelete