Monday, January 9, 2012

Week In, Week Out

My morning scripture reading included the following verse:

(Matthew 6:34 NKJV) Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I live with the delusion that there is such a thing as a routine week made up of routine days.  I love the idea that I could be in a routine that operated smoothly - with every step predictable and manageable.  It is a comforting thought.  Maybe it is a quest.

In fact, nothing is predictable or manageable.  Life is a string of surprises and overwhelming challenges.

How will I get everything accomplished?
How will I get ANYTHING accomplished?
How will I survive, much less thrive?
What is going to happen?
Should I curl up in a ball and hide under the covers? (I really like this option best!)

I try to remember...
It is not about me - live for the glory of God!
It is not by my power - live by the grace of God!

Without Christ, we can do nothing.
With God, all things are possible.

So we can go out with Gideon and face overwhelming forces.
We can go out with David and face the giants.
By God's grace we can finish the course with Paul and keep the faith.

But only with God, through God and by God's sustaining grace.
Week in and week out - it is all God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment