Monday, November 4, 2013

Truly Thankful

As we were singing songs of praise, thanksgiving and worship in church last night, I was overwhelmed with the conviction that I need to do more than stoically endure the myelofibrosis that has come into my life. I need to be truly thankful for it.

This deadly disease is not "bad luck" that I should resent. It is not the result of bad decisions or past actions that I should regret. Having myelofibrosis is not a result of the world running amok that I should fear. It is not an abandonment by God or a withdrawing of his blessings.

I believe that God is in perfect control and takes a personal interest in my life. He will never leave me or forsake me. He has promised that all things work together for good to those who love him. He has said that nothing can separate me from his love for me in Christ.

I want to see my disease as a special privilege from God.

  • A perspective on life that not everyone gets to see.
  • An opportunity for ministry that not everyone gets to have.
  • A challenge to meet that not everyone gets to try.

I see the Lord using this to deepen me and stretch me. In this he can teach me lessons I could not learn any other way.

Jesus loves me.

For this I can be truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment