Thursday, January 8, 2009

Everybody Knows Everything...

Of course it is not really true that everybody knows everything... but many people THINK they know everything!
(Proverbs 9:8 NKJV) Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.
In other words - it is only a problem if you are trying to teach somebody something. If they are sure they know everything they will render themselves unteachable (and obnoxious.) But, people blessed with God's grace can learn!
(Proverbs 3:34 NKJV) Surely He scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble.
My purpose is not to scorn the scornful, but to remind myself not to be one of their number. I need to be humble, to listen humbly to rebuke, and to run away from complacency and pride.

God, help me to keep on learning and growing! I want to be a true man of God!

1 comment:

  1. Ditto, This is a true request of my life as well. Galations 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

    ReplyDelete