Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

This morning I got up and put my 2009 Day-Timer Calendar together. It is a normal part of staying organized and helps me get a perspective on the year. (I was especially blessed to realize that the meeting I thought was next week is really the week after... I needed the extra time!)

Later, David Andrew, Lola and I were all in the quiet living room starting out the annual Bible reading program. This is the 22nd year in a row that I have followed this program for reading the whole Bible through in a year. It is exciting to have my precious loved ones doing it as well. There is nothing more important to living the Christian life than to be reading the Bible.
(Psalms 1:1-2 NKJV) ¶ Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.
So we have a new year stretching out before us... what will it hold? The hymn writer, Ira Stanphill put it this way...
I don' t know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine, For its skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'r the future, For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him, For He knows what is ahead.
Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand;
But I know who holds tomorrow, And I know who holds my hand.*
Another poet said, "Only one life, twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last." My hope and prayer for myself and for you is that you will live every moment of 2009 for Christ. May God be glorified!


*I Know Who Holds Tomorrow," by Ira Stanphill, copyright 1950 by Singspiration Music

1 comment:

  1. Isn't your poem quote also a song? I think I've heard it before...Happy New Year! Your blog was missed!!

    ReplyDelete