Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An Early Snow

When I was a kid it seems we almost always had snow before Thanksgiving. Now that we have moved up from semi-tropical southeastern Ohio to cooler northeastern Ohio, I guess that will be true again.

So I have to mop up some small puddles from my small poodle because snow sticks to his feet.

There are advantages.
  1. I don't need to mow the grass.
  2. The leaves are beyond being raked.
  3. I can easily track anything that walks through my yard. (I'm a country boy!)
  4. Tiny doesn't take so long to do his business - so we can both get back inside.
  5. I appreciate central heating.
Snow is a reminder of God's goodness.

The fresh snow is a beautiful blanket of white that covers everything. It reminds me of Psalm 51:7 "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow" - that God can cleanse me of sin so that in His sight I am whiter than snow.

God is faithful and in complete control.
(Genesis 8:22) “While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease.”

I remember God's power and I am in awe.
(Psalm 148:8) Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;

With a little bit of snow he stops people and their mighty machines.
(Job 37:6) For He says to the snow, “Fall on the earth’; Likewise to the gentle rain and the heavy rain of His strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment