Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Every Thought

(Psalms 139:23-24) Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
It is my natural inclination to feel threatened by the fact that God knows my innermost thoughts. I am a sinner and my heart is the origin of my sins - even the ones that never make it to the surface.

But because God can see my innermost heart, He can cleanse me of even the sins that are so deep I don't realize them myself.
(Jeremiah 17:9-10) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
It is also good to know that God sees not only my actions, which fall far short, but also knows my motives. People judge me by their incomplete picture of me in my many failures - but God knows the truth.

Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment